Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Jobs Update

It's been a while since I've posted a job search update. The activity slowed down a little - especially since we weren't applying to new jobs. Both of us had interviewed with Mars Petcare (in different divisions) and were told to be patient.

Dave Update: Dave had an interview last Monday with Tractor Supply Company in Nashville. He said it went pretty well. So now we're just waiting for a response. Dave has had a call from Mars Petcare saying they want to bring him down for an interview - but not in brand management anymore. Apparently the strategic insights group got ahold of his resume and really want him to interview for a position with their group. Dave's waiting to hear back from HR on a specific date. He wants the Mars Petcare job more than TSC, so we just have to hope the timing works out and he's lucky enough to have a decision to make!

Merritt Update: I got a call two weeks ago from Mars Petcare (The Nutro Company) to schedule an onsite interview in Nashville for 9/27. I was already scheduled to present in two classes that day at Notre Dame, so I had to decline and reschedule. I finally touched base with someone live after days of phone tag and rescheduled the interview for Friday, 10/8. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I feel like it's my last chance to get a job - and it's definitely my only chance to get a job in Nashville since there aren't other traditional CPG company's there. Please let me know if this is cheesy or not: Because they let dogs roam the halls at Mars Petcare I was going to make dog toys for everyone I interview with. What do you think? I know the dogs have toys there because the HR woman I spoke with told me a story about a certain dog that steals all the dog toys throughout the day.

2 comments:

  1. If you want the job, make the toys. What a great way to be remembered and to remain in the spirit of the organization. Fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it sounds great too. And if you have any extra toys... :-)

    ReplyDelete