Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday 3's

I am pregnant with biscuit babies. It's the truth. I made a biscuits from a mix tonight. The brand is called 1-2-3 Gluten Free. I heard about the mix because there are rumblings from the Cinci Celiac group that Bisquik is coming up with a gluten free mix. Gluten Free is popular... it's cool to be Celiac! :) Anyway, I made the biscuits tonight to go with the chili I made for dinner. I ate 2 1/2 biscuits, which was about 1 1/2 biscuits too many. Now I am sitting here in pain! My stomach is so full there is barely room for the water I'm drinking.

This all got me thinking... there are only certain foods I would eat that would make me feel this miserable. That leads me to this week's Thursday 3: What three foods would you eat in excess, no matter the pain?

My answers:
1) Cheese bread from Sinfully Gluten Free in Miamisburg, Ohio. Meagan - do you remember eating it? On top of the crust is an olive oil with tons of seasoning in it. The cheese bread is amazing. It's better than the pizza. Yummy!
2) Cadbury Mini Eggs. These delectable treats are seriously a downfall of mine. I cannot have just one... or 15. I must eat the entire bag. I love the texture and the melt in your mouth delightfulness these mini eggs bring to my senses. Thanks mom for introducing them to me!
3) (this is from back in the day) Velveeta Shells and Cheese. I'd eat the whole box. It was such a great meal. I remember I had good intentions... at first I only poured half of the meal into my bowl... but undoubtedly I'd go back the for the second half 15 minutes later. I did find a "light" version by the time I moved to Boston, which I'm sure helped a little bit.

5 comments:

  1. 1 - Cheesecake
    2 - Tiramisu
    3 - Ice Cream

    I have a sweet tooth! And oh man, I love Velveeta Shells and Cheese, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I remember that bread - it was good! Mine are:
    1. Cookie dough or cake batter, or any baked good pre-baking (can that count as one?),
    2. Donuts,
    3. Frosting, preferably chocolate, but you know how I devour the white stuff at Christmas.

    You see why Kevin and I make such a good couple? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, this is not a hypothetical question but what HAVE I eaten to painful excess (this is the short list with so many more to choose from):

    1- Double Stuff Oreos. And back in the day before DS, I would eat a bag of regulars on one day per month even when I was not really eating much of anything else on the rest of the days. It was a planned indulgence.
    2- Nachos with all the goodies plus extra cheese and sides of additional guacamole and sour cream. Add Chill beer and I will in hog heaven (and sick for days).
    3- Chocolate covered cherries – Queen Anne’s variety. They had double sized boxes on sale this past Christmas and I would eat it in one setting and be absolutely miserable and ready to repeat at the next opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1 - jelly belly candy
    2 - cheese and crackers
    3 - Samoas (girl scout cookies). Thank goodness they are only around once a year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was hard for me because I do this a lot with a lot of different foods but I think I managed a top 3...
    1 - Papa John's pizza with lots of garlic butter sauce. This I haven't done lately since they don't deliver in the boonies!
    2 - Popcorn. Any kind. Movie theater, mom's creation with parm. cheese. Even bad microwave popcorn. I just can't help it.
    3 - Nachos. The best sour cream and guac delivery system. :-)

    And velveeta guys? I still have the blue box blues!

    ReplyDelete