Thursday, April 1, 2010

I'm Not Eating 18 Egg Whites a Day




Some of you may have seen the picture I posted on Facebook of how many eggs we buy each week. For those of you who didn't see it, we buy 108 eggs = six packages of 18 each. I am not kidding. We always buy a lot of eggs, but Dave is trying a new diet and it calls for a crazy amount of egg whites. I am not keen on eating 18 egg whites a day, so I am eating my own meals right now. It's actually giving me the opportunity to make recipes that Dave isn't interested in (he hates tomatoes). Last week I made two dinners that I had been eyeing but hadn't made yet: Italian Tomato Tart and Grilled Corn and Potato Chowder. Both recipes came from Cooking Light magazine. The Italian Tomato Tart was amazing! I ate it four times (the one downside of eating by myself), so by the end I was looking forward to something new. It's definitely a recipe I'll make again. The Grilled Corn and Potato Chowder left a lot to be desired. I was excited about this meal because I love corn and potatoes. Grilling the corn made a big difference (which I did inside on my panini grill pan). But this meal was very disappointing. There was an overall lack of flavor... I yearned for more "bite" to the chowder. I ate this for three meals and then froze the rest. Someday when I get desperate I'll thaw out the rest of the chowder. I did learn I can grill corn on the cob inside now, so I can't wait to do that again!




5 comments:

  1. There's a diet that requires Dave to eat MORE egg whites?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - like out of a cookbook.

    Why on earth does Dave diet at all much less on protien overload?

    No Thursday Threes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha Kevin! Yes, he's on a high protien diet this month... lots of egg whites, tuna, chicken, protien pancakes, protien shakes, etc. It's to get more lean, more cut I think. He's doing it strict for one month to see how his body changes and then he may loosen up a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does Dave read this blog? Just wondering if I could address him directly when the opportunity arises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave does not read the blog - it's hard to access from the iPhone.

    ReplyDelete