Sunday, March 7, 2010

New Year's Resolution - Update

I am pretty sure you all aren't sitting around wondering how I'm doing on my resolutions, but I feel like I should share an update with you as a way to make myself a little more accountable.

1. Reduce the number of times I crack my knuckles each day. Done! I rarely crack my knuckles on purpose - it's maybe three times since the beginning of 2010. I do crack a knuckle or two once a day, usually by accident when I am applying lotion to my hands. But that's a steep decline in the number of times I cracked my knuckles in 2009 - which was closer to once/ten minutes or so. It was gross and not lady like at all. I feel so much better now!

2. Run in a race. I am off to a good start with this one! I am signed up to run a relay in the Flying Pig Marathon the first weekend in May. I started off on the treadmill by walking 3 minutes, running two, walking two, running two for a total of 45 minutes. I remember feeling great after my first treadmill walk/run. I've been running at least once a week at the gym and finally worked my way up to running four miles in a row last Monday morning! Yes, four miles in a row! The last time I ran that many miles in a row was during the actual Music City Half Marathon in April 2006. I am feeling so good now running. My knees hurt afterward, but I can still walk. I made the mistake of wearing high heels to work last Monday after my run and was limping my day's end. Some other things I've learned about myself by running: a) I look awful after a run, kind of like I was runover by a truck during a rainstorm; and b) I hate running in shorts. The shorts always rise up between my legs and it's annoying. I will only run in capri Nike pants now.

3. Start a family. Not really making any progress here. If this gives you an idea... The other day we were watching Teen Mom on MTV (I love that show) and we watched a girl give birth and they offered that the mom/grandma could cut the cord. So I asked Dave if he would cut the cord. He thought about it for a second and said, "no, I think it should be a family affair and maybe Riggins could bite the cord." I want to have a family when Dave's ready, so I'll wait. This is a true test of patience!

2 comments:

  1. #1 - You can only imagine my relief on this one. It's my pet peeve and I've been known to interrupt business meetings and pause until the knuckles cracker finishes their nasty habit. Then I continue again. It usually draws negative attention to the criminal perpetrator. I am so happy and proud of this one!
    #2 - Excellent goal but don't hurt yourself. It's just not worth a lifetime of limping. You go girl!
    #3 - By not making a decision, you're actually making one.

    Thanks for the update - I WAS wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for #2! I might need some advice on how to get back into running again. I'm trying not to start off too quickly.

    And on #3: I don't think Kevin was ready to cut the cord until right before Everett was actually born, so maybe don't go by that. :)

    ReplyDelete