Thursday, September 22, 2011

Church Consignment Sale

I went to a church consignment sale at Brentwood United Methodist last Thursday night. Brandi Ferrari, a friend from college, is a member there and gave me the pass to shop in advance of the public. I learned from my coworkers throughout the day that church consignment sales are a big deal down here. I ended up leaving work at 4pm to go get the pass from Brandi's house so I could get in line before the sale opened up at 5pm. I arrived at the church just before 5pm and waited in line for about five minutes. The best way to describe the atmosphere is like the day after Thanksgiving sales. Women were in line with laundry baskets so they can grab whatever they see. Craziness! Even when "competing" with the women who've had experience at this type of sale, I found some pretty good deals of my own! I spent $107 and I got a swing, a travel crib, a play yard, a boppy, two outfits, two receiving blankets, 5 onesies... and I think that's all. Here are the pictures of my great finds!

 I got this Graco Travel Pack and Play for $20!!! I checked BabiesRUs.com and they sell this for $99.


 Mr. Riggins is helping.

 And Mr. Parker helped, too.

 David helped keep Riggins occupied!


I also picked up this Fisher Price play yard for $25. BabiesRUs.com had this on sale for $52.99, with a regular price of $75! Another good deal.

And I got this swing for $30, and BabiesRUs.com had it on sale for $130. SCORE!

 All that helping made Parker (above) and Riggins (below) very tired.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What great deals! I'm going to have to shop one of those sales one day when I need all that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez - that's awesome! The swing is so plush. Our swing saved my life, especially when #2 and #3 came along. Great deals. Do you have to make any repairs? Now do you understand the ladies with their baskets?

    ReplyDelete