Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday 3's

I would love to win the lottery. Who wouldn't? To get right to it...

What are the first three things you spend your lottery winnings on?

My answers:
  1. Alabama football box seats (and accompanying condo I'll need for staying down there on football weekends).
  2. New home in either Nashville or Dallas. One that's big enough to have a doggy playroom and a yard big enough you need to use a riding lawnmower (that's Dave's dream - a riding lawnmower).
  3. A week's vacation in Charleston with all the bells and whistles!

4 comments:

  1. I spend inordinate amounts of time considering this very question. The answer assumes that I paid off all debt first and that the $ amount is large.
    1- Buy a house and move to Austin. I even have one picked out. Winning wouldn't change the funky home I want.
    2- Set up trust funds for my children so they can enjoy the money while I'm alive with limited tax burden.
    3- Become converstational in Italian and then spend 10 days in Italy. Anymore and I'd miss Knuckles too much.

    This is only the first 3. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Mom I think about this a lot. Maybe not as much as her but it's fun to dream.

    1 - Buy a house for me, Silly and Shenanigans (my future puppy) and one for mom (it's the least i could do). This is counting as 1 because I am putting it under the broad heading of real estate.
    2 - Start my doggie daycare business.
    3 - Buy an RV and travel the country. I could bring the dogs with me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As above, I'm assuming a large payout done as a lump sum.
    1 - Set aside $1M for my retirement; larger if the payout can handle it. It would make me feel better about the following.
    2 - Buy land and build a dream house with Meagan. It would be large so it can hold the bipedal members of our family AND the numerous quadrupeds we'd obviously adopt ;-)
    3 - Ferrari? It may be cliche, but those are awesome cars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree 100% with my husband's post above, with the possible addition of buying my dad a nice (big) fishing boat. And I might purchase a second house on the coast of CA if we still have any money. :)

    ReplyDelete