Monday, January 18, 2010

Day o' Merritt

I took advantage of my day off today to do whatever I wanted. Dave had to go to work, so I was on my own for the day. The key to this day was taking the dogs to daycare... which is the second thing I did today after breakfast. I love our dogs, I truly do, but if I wanted to do half the things on my wish list today I needed them to go to daycare. Parker and Riggins needed the exercise, too. They had two days off and they were almost unmanageable yesterday afternoon.

After I dropped the dogs off, I headed to the gym to take a Pilates class. Today was a full class - all women (my class last Thursday morning was all men, except me) - and it was great! We started off the same way as always, with our backs on the moving thing (forgive me, I do not know all the technical terms) and our feet on the bar. But then we stood up, with one foot on the stationary part and then our other foot on the moving thing. We did lunges and it really worked the inside of my thighs. It burned and it felt awesome! Then I went to the treadmill and ran. I really rocked it today! I ended up walking/running four miles... and one of those miles I ran consecutively. I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but I've got to start somewhere. My knees made it through the workout! That's the best news. Although tonight my right knee is very sore. I should have iced it this afternoon but it's so cold. I just cannot imagine purposely making myself even colder!

Next I ran some errands. I went to Kroger for shaving cream and razors. Then I was off to Whole Foods to get gluten free bread crumbs which I need for dinner tonight. I also treated myself to a one serving gluten free cheesecake. It was delicious! After Whole Foods I went to Petsmart to pick up dog food. Once I was home I showered, ate lunch, and then sat down on the couch with the heating blanket and a book. I read for about five minutes before my eyelids started closing. So I turned off the light and took a nap on the couch for an hour. It was great! I loved it. Then I watched a little bit of House Hunters before finishing my book. At about 5:30 I got up to get the computer out and in walked all three of my boys. Dave picked up the dogs, which I hadn't expected. It was a nice gesture.

The Day o' Merritt is officially over. I've got to finish a creative brief for my agency. They have a meeting tomorrow to discuss my project and I want to have the strategic document ready for them. Dave has gone off to the gym so I'll start working on dinner soon. Not sure if we are having Chicken, Spinach, and Mushroom Risotto or Pecan Encrusted Pork. I am thinking Risotto... it's one of my favorites. I just wish I had a glass of red wine to enjoy while I cooked... that would be a great way to finish the day.

1 comment:

  1. A nap - what a luxury! We did the same kind of chores last Friday when the dogs were at school. You cooked without wine - isn't that criminal? :)

    ReplyDelete